Check your tread
Who says pennies aren’t useful? Put them to work by measuring your tire tread–here’s how:
- Grab a penny, “heads” side facing down
- Place it into your tire grooves
- If you can see the top of the head, it’s time to get new tires
Look for wear bars
Newer tires are designed with a wear indicator. You’ll notice a cross tire pattern form when the tires are worn to the specified safe level.
When you see this, it’s a clear sign that your tires should be replaced. Luckily, Jiffy Lube® carries the top tire brands and offers all the services needed to keep them in solid condition.
Other signs your tires have hit the end of the road include:
- Prominent wear on either edge of the tread
- Prominent wear in the middle of the tread
- Bubbles or bulges appearing
- Having to inflate your tires often
- Cracking along the sidewall
- Objects (screws, nails, etc.) piercing through the tire
Flat tire repair
Don’t let a flat tire deflate your day. Jiffy Lube® is here to help. Have your flat tire repaired or replaced at select locations and get back on the road in a snap.
This service is offered at most of our locations, however it’s not available at them all. Be sure to call your local Jiffy Lube® to confirm that they can repair your flat tire.
Have you ever felt your steering wheel slightly pull to one side, throwing off the alignment of your vehicle? This regular wear-and-tear occurrence can happen from something as simple as hitting a pothole. Trust Jiffy Lube® to get your wheels back in line with an expert wheel alignment.
This service is offered at most of our locations, however it’s not available at them all. Be sure to call your local Jiffy Lube® to confirm that they can perform a wheel alignment.
As the kilometres go by, your tires may be wearing unevenly, affecting alignment, traction and tire lifespan. Maximize your traction with regularly scheduled tire rotations.
Jiffy Lube® can help protect your investment by performing a tire rotation. Getting your tires rotated by one of our expertly trained technicians ensures evenly distributed wear and helps to prevent flat tires.
The Jiffy Lube® Tire Rotation Service always includes:
- Tire balancing to ensure the weight of the wheel and tire are evenly distributed
- Tire pressure adjustments to add or release pressure as required, reflecting your vehicle’s specifications
This service is offered at most of our locations, however it’s not available at them all. Be sure to call your local Jiffy Lube® to confirm that they can perform a tire rotation.